It is important to note:
- All seamstresses must have access to a sewing machine in order to make our Angel Gown® garments and be one of our volunteer seamstresses.
- All seamstresses must have or establish a Facebook account in order to be one of our volunteer seamstresses.
- All seamstresses are responsible for the cost of shipping completed Angel Gown® garments back to NICU Helping Hands.
Please complete and submit the Volunteer Seamstress Registration Interest Form below. We will review your application and email you a copy of our Volunteer Seamstress Terms & Conditions. All volunteer seamstresses must agree to follow our Terms & Conditions.
Once you have reviewed and agreed to the Volunteer Seamstress Terms & Conditions please return your signed agreement to the address that will be listed on the paperwork. The paperwork MUST BE MAILED and NOT EMAILED back to us.
You will then proceed with step 3 below in our registration process.
- Review and accept Terms & Conditions.
- Mail your signed Terms & Conditions form back to NICU Helping Hands, along with a $10 check to cover the shipping of your starter kit and printed patterns.
- Once we’ve received your form and payment we will ship your starter kit to the mailing address provided. Please allow four weeks for your starter kit to arrive.
- Utilizing the starter kit, patterns and instruction sheet shipped to you from NICU Helping Hands, complete two sample garments (micro-preemie and medium garments) with your sewing machine and return to us for assessment.
- After NICU Helping Hands receives and assesses your two sample garments you will receive notification of your application status. Any issues with your sample garments will be reviewed at that time.
- Once accepted as a volunteer seamstress you will receive an email invitation to join our closed, secret Facebook page. This invitation will be sent to the email address that you provide us that is associated with your Facebook account. YOU MUST ACCEPT THIS INVITATION in order to be a fully approved and registered volunteer seamstress.
- You will receive a welcome email from NICU Helping Hands once you have completed all the above steps. This email will provide you with information regarding how to request wedding gowns from NICU Helping Hands and how to get started.
We are so grateful for your interest in our growing national and international program. We cannot do this without you and are thrilled you are interested in joining our national team of volunteer seamstresses. Please complete the following form to begin our registration process.